No, I have not forgotten to write, I was actually quite busy and did not have time to sit down 😦
So many things happened, between my son and me getting a cold and an impromptu visit to Barcelona (for business), my aunt arriving from Malaysia, it has been quite full.
I’m not going to talk about that any more, as promised, I took a lot of pictures from the event and it was quite wonderful, there were not a lot of providers since it was the first time this has ever been made and I guess there were a lot of companies that were scared that no one would show up.
Nevertheless it was great! As you know I have mentioned that I am part of a group of Latin Women (the link should be on the side bar) well we took the opportunity of the event to launch ourselves, it was quite successful, we have had 3000 visitors in just a week, which I believe is incredible (if you were to live where I do, you would know why) Our goal is to reach all Latin people around the world and to get the message across that it doesn’t matter if you are far from your country, you can still enjoy the traditions wherever you are.
Anywhoo, I will leave you with this gallery of pictures that I took at the event.
Thank you for reading!
Well hello there 🙂
This week I am super excited as there is this Pop Up that I will be going to this Saturday.
It is a Wedding Pop up, so now you can tell why I’m excited.
Where I live the closest Wedding Fairs I can go to are 2 hours away and in order to enjoy them, the drive back would be too late, plus I don’t like taking my munchkin out too late.
This event is a mere 15 minute drive from my house, so yep looking forward to it!
As I mentioned before I have created a group of Latin American Ladies and we will be presenting ourselves in this event, so if any of my readers, speak Spanish, please visit my other blog, which I share with all these wonderful ladies. If you don’t understand any Spanish, that’s okay, the pictures are pretty great too 😀
That’s all I have to say for now, I will post about this Saturday soon!!
As always thank you for reading!
First of all, it’s been a while. I’ve been quite busy lately, trying to get my sons christening ready and trying to find an outfit, now I have everything all I have to do is wait.
Back to what this post is about! When you are chosen to be a maid of honor and this is completely new for you. What are the things that you should do? Well as I was browsing through some wedding pages I found this handy checklist of what tasks the maid of honor should do. It’s pretty much all there and doesn’t need much explaining, in my opinion it’s pretty handy. All credit for it is on the picture itself so I’m glad I found it and I’m able to share it with you all.
Thanks for reading
- Aspirin (or pain reliever of choice)
- Band aids
- Chalk ( to cover up any last minute smudges or smears on your dress)
- Clear nail polish (for stocking runs)
- Corsage pins
- Dental floss/toothpicks
- Eye drops
- Extra earrings backs
- extra pantyhose
- Hair pins
- Hand towelettes
- Hem tape
- Mini sewing kit
- Safety pins
- Scotch tape
- Small scissors
- Spot remover
- Static-cling spray
- Straws ( so the bride can stay hydrated without messing up her lipstick )
- Bottles water
You can adjust the list to your liking and can give it to one of your bridesmaids to be in charge of it.
Thanks for reading
So I know that not everyone can afford a wedding planner to plan their whole wedding, so I will guide you in some easy steps you can follow. However this takes a lot of organisation so in suggest you get a hand on a planner or create your own.
So here it’s how it goes:
12-16 Months before the wedding
- Chose a wedding date
- Start a wedding folder
- Work out your budget
- Discuss formality and style of the wedding
- Start writing the guest list
- Select ceremony location
- Select reception site
- Put engagement announcement on local paper (optional)
- Start shopping for a wedding gown
- Hire a wedding consultant
8-10 Months before the wedding
- Select bridal party
- Secure wedding officiant
- Hire reception carterer
- Contact photographer and/or vidiographer
- Hire a band or DJ
- Decide on bridesmaids dresses
- Sign up for gift registry
- Start compiling name and addresses for guest list
- Engagement party
5-7 Months before the wedding
- Finalise guest list
- Shop for wedding stationary
- Arrange accommodations (if applicable)
- Select wedding cake
- Begin preparations for honeymoon
4 Months before the wedding
- Book florist
- Shop for wedding bands
- Visit physician
3 Months before the wedding
- Send out invitations
- Select tuxedo
- Arrange for rental of items
- Discuss finalised menu options and costs with carterer
- Arrange transportation / limousine services
- Order wedding favours
- Shop for bridal party gifts
- Begin any necessary counselling with wedding officiant
2 Months before the wedding
- Choose wedding music
- Select location for rehearsal dinner
- Confirm with local wear shop
- Schedule alterations
- Schedule fittings for the bridesmaids and flower girl
- Confirm order with florist
- Order address labels with couples new address and names (this is optional but it adds a personal touch when you send out thank you notes)
1 Month before the wedding
- Sewing wedding programs
- Apply for marriage licence
- Have final gown fitting
- Chose all wedding accessories
- Visit hair stylist
- Visit make-up artist
- Get hair and make-up done and have formal bridal portraits done
- Discuss and finalise details with wedding service providers
2 Weeks before the wedding
- Call any non RSVP guests
- Give carterer finalised head count
- Pick up marriage license
- Give DJ or band a list of songs
- Confirm rehearsal plans
- Obtain any legal information
- Complete floor and seating plan
- Confirm all rental and floral delivery dates and times
- Confirm arrival time for all attendants
- Check parking arrangements
1 Week before the wedding
- Make any last minute seating adjustment
- Organise weddingday attire
- Confirm honeymoon reservation
- Confirm reservation for out of town guests
- Pack for honeymoon
- Pick up passports (if applicable)
- Gather all necessary documents for travel
- Confirm rehearsal plan with attendants
- Confirm reservation for rehearsal dinner
- Pick up formal wear
- Check with the photographer the shot list
- Break in your shoes
1 Day before the wedding
- Go through list of things to do and make sure all bases are covered
- Pack weddingday emergency kit
- Get manicure and pedicure
- Take a relaxing bath
- Put weddingn attire and accessories together
- Give rings to best man
- Try to get a good night’s sleep
- Eat something, avoid caffeine and sugar
- Get hair and makeup done
- Have someone check reception site
- Dress for wedding
- Have photos taken with family
After the honeymoon
- Have wedding gown and bouquet reserved
- Write thank you notes
- Change name
This is pretty much how it goes. If you want to know what goes in the wedding emergency kit, stay tuned it will be my next post.
Like always thanks for reading!